Watch an iPhone spontaneously combust in Ohio (video)

On Wednesday, an Ohio resident captured a shocking incident on video: their iPhone spontaneously combusting.

The video, which was posted to Twitter, shows the iPhone in a plastic case sitting on a kitchen counter. After a few seconds, a small flame appears from the phone, followed by a larger flame. The owner quickly grabs the phone and places it in the sink, where it continues to burn for a few more seconds before the fire is put out.

The incident has been met with shock and disbelief from viewers, who are unsure of what could have caused the phone to catch fire. Some have speculated that the phone’s battery may have overheated or that there was a defect in the phone itself.

Apple has yet to comment on the incident, but they have a history of recalling products that have been determined to be unsafe. In 2016, the company recalled millions of iPhone 6s due to a defect in the battery that caused them to overheat.

It is unclear what caused the iPhone to catch fire in Ohio, but it is a reminder of the potential dangers of electronic devices. It is important to keep electronic devices away from combustible materials and to monitor their use for any signs of overheating.

If you have an iPhone and are concerned about its safety, it is best to contact Apple and inquire about any recalls or safety warnings.

Regardless of what caused the iPhone to catch fire in Ohio, it is a stark reminder of the potential dangers of electronic devices. It is important to be aware of the risks and to take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your device.

A decade old iPhone 4 spontaneously caught fire in the house of Brian and Jennifer Leisgang of Ohio, while they were sleeping. The couple had left the phone charging overnight on the kitchen counter, and luckily no one was hurt during the incident. The security camera caught and recorded everything, and the couple shared the video on Facebook in order to help prevent such an incident from happening in someone else’s house.

The event looks spectacular, but it could have very well burned the house down, so it’s no laughing matter. Lithium-ion batteries have a very limited working temperature range, and they can swell with time due to gas being released by the chemicals inside. When the voltage falls below a certain threshold, they are unable to charge properly and generate excessive heat. Physical damage, old insulation between the cells, and other problems could also result in disaster.

It is important to take safety precautions when charging electronic devices, especially when they are older. Leaving a 10-year-old gadget to charge unattended is risky, and it is a good idea to check the device regularly while it is charging. It is also important to make sure the device is not damaged or old, as this could increase the risk of a fire. Taking these precautions can help to prevent a house fire, and it is important to be aware of the potential risks of charging electronic devices.

Source link